Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What are eReserves?
Broome Library is available to help create an electronic selection of resources/readings available and accessible 24/7 to enhance student learning. This service is called eReserves.*
All eReserves content can be placed on eReserves pages within Canvas, which can be linked to modules or used as preferred by faculty.
The benefits of using eReserves:
- They are zero-cost for students
- They are available 24 hours a day
- They can be linked directly within your Canvas course
- They are screen-reader accessible
Linking Digital Library Materials for eReserves
Direct links can be created in your Canvas class to journal articles and ebooks from the library's subscription databases. Links include proxy addresses so that no additional login is required.
- To have digital materials linked to a Canvas class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide information about the materials to be linked and the Canvas class to which they should be linked. Alternatively, a syllabus (with relevant resources indicated) may be emailed.
Scanning of Print Materials for eReserves
Library-owned print materials can be scanned and uploaded to your Canvas class. These materials are rendered screen-reader accessible, and include copyright/fair use information.
- To request that materials be scanned, please send an email to email@example.com, including information on the material to be scanned and linked, and the class to which it should be linked. Alternatively, a syllabus (with relevant resources indicated) may be emailed.
- For questions regarding copyright and fair use, please see the library's eReserves Scanned Materials Policy.
- Please allow two weeks for the processing of scanned eReserve materials. This time frame may be longer if the request is submitted during the first week of the semester The earlier you are able to provide the library with requests, the faster they can be scanned and processed.
Requesting Materials for Purchase
To request the purchase of material for eReserves use, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, with information about the material and the course in which it will be used.
Please note that it may take several weeks to process purchase requests.
In regard to eBook purchase requests, please note that barriers exist to the purchase of digital resources, as described in the CSU Statement on Textbooks.
Need Help? Contact Us
If you have questions, need help, or would like to submit a request, let us know!
The best ways to reach us is through one of the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com